Sunday, April 27, 2008

Taco Night

It was a dreary day and we were feeling a bit lazy. Rachel had the idea to make tacos for dinner since they require very little cooking. We spent most of the day crafting and watching tv and we took a break to make dinner and eat. We created a really yummy slaw for our tacos with red cabbage, carrots and corn. It would be great as a side dish for a bbq or as a topping on fish or chicken. We put it together on the fly so once we perfect the recipe we will post it here for you to try. We had tacos with a choice of broiled tilapia or browned turkey meat and a whole bunch of add ons like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, salsa and cheese.
Taco Fixins

We only drank a couple Smirnoff Ices which was pretty mild compared to last week's gallon of sangria. At least we will wake up hang-over free and ready for the week ahead.

As far as crafting goes, Rachel made 14 yo-yo's and I worked on a baby blanket I'm making for a friend to give as a shower gift. Rachel has been making most of the yo-yo's so far but I'm sure I'll get busy with them soon. It's so quick and easy as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. I like crafts like yo-yo's because you can instantly see your progress. Sometimes when I crochet I feel like hours go by and I have so little to show for my time.

We won't have PLC next week because Rachel will be out of town. I hope you don't miss us too much, we'll be sure to write about any adventures that may happen in the meantime!
Kisses
Sandra and Rachel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the blog. It is very entertaining and it makes me hungry. Keep up the good work.